Daintree Rainforest Experience
Explore the rainforest when it really comes alive - at night! Included in your day is a river cruise on the mighty Daintree River, as well as a night walk where you will have the chance to observe the local nocturnal wildlife in the Daintree Rainforest as they become active when the sun goes down.
What makes it Great:
Our groups are small, amplifying the quality of our nature and wildlife interaction.
Eco-friendly – We cruise with a solar electric boat operator. The vessel is quiet and a completely clean and green machine.
Animals that are active during the day become more excitable at dusk, right as the nocturnal creatures come out to play!
- Expert guides
- Interpretive rainforest walk
- Daintree river wildlife cruise
- Afternoon tea
- Dinner in the Jungle
- Sunscreen and Insect repellent
- First aid kit on board
- torches for spotlighting
- Umbrellas provided for rainy days
Departure times & locations
Departure Time: 12:00 PM. We pick up from Cairns, Northern Beach and Port Douglas.
Your day at a glance
- Starting in the mid afternoon when the sun is highest in the sky, experience the magical views of the Great Barrier Reef Drive, perhaps the region’s most scenic coastal highway.
- Observe the changes in habitat diversity as we venture north to the Daintree Tropical Rainforest
- Cruise the beautiful Daintree River spotting wildlife on a quiet, clean solar electric boat with zero environmental impact. Get closer to nature... hear, smell & experience without noise & fumes. Afternoon tea included prior departure.
- Arrive at Cape Tribulation, a World Heritage area with pristine beaches, rainforest, cool streams, towering mountains and freshwater valleys that captivate our visitors. We often spend an hour exploring the natural assets of the coastline
- Dining in the evening Rainforest is an experience not to miss! The delicious range of cuisine on offer at Whet Restaurant is sure to make your visit to the Daintree memorable.
- A wildlife tour in Far North Queensland is not complete without a night walk. Much of the local wildlife has adopted a nocturnal lifestyle to avoid to heat of the day in the tropical climate. Perhaps the most unique part of this experience is to observe nocturnal wildlife in the Wet Tropics.
- Time to sit back, relax and watch the back of your eyelids in the comfort of our modern vehicles. Return across the Daintree River on the Cable Ferry and we’re back in civilization so you can look through and share your photos
- Returning to Cairns approximately 10:30pm
What To Bring
- Sun protection advised: hat, sunglasses
- Good walking shoes
- Camera and water bottle
- Day pack for carrying personal items
- Towel & spare clothes for swimming
- Your enthusiasm!
- Tour is not recommended for children under 14
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
Instant Booking & Mobile Friendly Tickets
Check availability & book here to secure you spot on Daintree Afternoon Nature and Wildlife Tour. Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up on the day without a booking.
If you require hotel transfers please have your hotel name ready when booking so we can send you a pick-up time with your confirmation.
About FNQ Nature Tours
FNQ Nature Tours was established in 2015. We provide premier wildlife encounters in Far North Queensland, based out of Cairns. Our small group tours explore the rainforest habitat, concentrating on the endemic wildlife found within. Our passionate and knowledgable guides are eager to share the Wet Tropics World Heritage Area with you. Allow us to take you on a journey of a lifetime!