Mossman Gorge Adventure Day
This is a full day tour in the Daintree Rainforest. Beginning the day at a secret location on the Mossman River for our one of a kind River Drift Snorkelling experience.
After a well earned lunch, enjoy a traditional Kuku Yalanji smoking ceremony at the Mossman Gorge; where you’ll be cleansed of bad spirits and have traditional rainforest body paint applied.
Exploring the Daintree National Park at an easy pace, this interpretive 1.5hr walk, will leave you with a deeper understanding of this breath-taking rainforest.
- Return transfers ex Port Douglas/ Mossman (Cairns & Palm Cove transfers $25pp)
- Traditional Welcome Ceremony
- Guided rainforest walk
- River Drift Snorkelling
- Lunch and snacks
- BPA-Free water bottle for the walk
- Walking pole if requested
- All wetsuits and snorkelling gear
- Prescription masks (limited)
- All Safety equipment
- Safety trained river guide
Children love this tour, however please note the below requirements:
- Minimum age is 3 years*
- Child age is 3-14 inclusive
- All children 3-8 must wear a PFD/Life jacket (provided)
- Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Car seats available free of charge in tour vehicle, for children under 7
- Family rate is based on 2 adults + 2 children
Tours depart daily
7.45am – return 6.00pm
8.25am – return 5.30pm
9.00am – return 5.00pm
Transfers from Cairns and Palm Cove $25pp
Mossman Raintrees Cafe
Port Douglas – Wildlife Habitat bus stop
What to bring
- Shoes suitable for walking up to 3.5km/2mi on uneven terrain
- (may get wet)
- Shorts or pants
- Swim wear and a towel
- Small backpack
- Hat & Sunglasses
- Money for souvenirs
- Any personal medication
Leave all other valuables and loose jewellery at your accomodation
River Snorkelling Requirements
Our tour is suitable for all ages and swimming abilities when the river is calm and relaxing (most of the year).
With faster, more exciting conditions, ideal for strong swimmers.
- Not suitable for guests with limited mobility
- Must be able to walk over uneven surfaces
- You may need to climb over tree roots to exit the river
- Not suitable for anyone who is pregnant
- Max wetsuit size 3XL, max shoe size US 13
- Maximum reccomended weight limit is 125kg/274lb, due to certain limitations of our equipment.
- **If you are over this weight limit, it can be waived but please contact our office prior to booking**
- We highly reccomend having your own travel insurance
- All participants are required to complete a medical questionnaire and liability release form
Brilliant informative guides. Great time had by all. Well worth the money
What a new experience, loved it
Michaela our guide was fantastic and really looked after us. We had a great morning and the whole experience was fantastic. Would definitely recommend River Drift Snorkelling.
Awesome day guide (Barney) was the best so knowledgable and helpful - water beautiful like a postcard
An awesome experience - would recommend it to everyone
Was very awesome. Really liked it and Amy our tour guide was so knowledgeable and fun.
Back Country Bliss picks up from Palm Cove at 6.00am, Port Douglas at 6.30am and Mossman at 6.45am