About Jungle Adventures Night Walks
JUNGLE ADVENTURES NIGHTWALK
Jungle Adventures Nightwalks take small groups deep into the ancient forest to experience the nocturnal world. As the sun sets over the trees, the animals stir and the forest comes to life. It’s a singing, bustling world, far removed from man’s dominance over the earth, and the Jungle Adventures Nightwalk introduce you to a weird and wonderful cast of characters who live together to create this grand circle of life.
Why We like it:
- Small groups of up to 11 people
- Guided walks with experienced local Guide
- Encounter nocturnal animals which you normally wouldn't see during the day
- A unique way to experience the rainforest
- Departs daily from 7:30pm
- Tour lasts approx for 2 hrs
- Includes transfers within Cape Tribulation area
- Self drivers can meet at PK's Jungle Village
- Operates every day except Christmas Day and New Year’s Day
- Includes Torch and Raincoat (If necessary)
- 2 hour walk follows natural trails over uneven ground and therefore requires moderate fitness and comfortable walking shoes.
- Jungle Adventures Nightwalks are not recommended for children under 8 years
- Private nightwalks for families with young children, tailored to your requirements are available
Located on a private reserve in Cape Tribulation, approximately 2.5 hours drive north of Cairns. The 45 acre property borders the Daintree Cape Tribulation National Park and contains spectacular rainforest, creeks and views of the ocean and Great Barrier Reef.
With over 50% of all species endemic to this continent found in our region, we are blessed with a wide variety of wildlife. In addition to frequent sightings of sleeping birds and rainforest dragons, the nocturnal tours regularly encounter forest mammals including bats and possums, many species of spiders and insects plus beautiful snakes including amethystine and carpet pythons and brown tree snakes.
Ian Samuels, Head Interpretive Guide & Jungle Surfing Supervisor, discovered the true power of nature at a very young age after putting a frog in his mother’s apron. This lead on to a Bachelor of Biological Sciences degree which in turn lead to his “Mad Scientist” nightwalks. Although Ian’s knowledge of the Daintree Rainforest is encyclopaedic, he has never learned to grow up, and believes a smile is the best gift you can give.
The Nightwalk & Jungle Surfing
Overnighting in Cape Tribulation? Why not combine The Nightwalk with Jungle Surfing and swing through the trees!
Why we like it ?
- A unique way to view the oldest Rainforest in the world
- Great FUN for the whole family
- No experience necessary
- Flexible departures through out the day
- Transfers from within Cape Tribulation
- Approx 1.5 to 2hrs with 1-1.25hrs swinging through the trees
- All instruction and equipment
Jungle Adventures Night Walks Reviews
Jungle Adventures Night Walks
Tours depart nightly at 7.30pm, except Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. If you are self-driving, please arrive at our central pick-up point at PK’s Jungle Village reception at least 10 minutes before tour departure. For those staying in Cape Tribulation, we offer a complimentary transfer service from most hotels. Transfers We offer courtesy transfers from most Cape Tribulation accommodation. The exact start time will vary with your pick-up point, see details below. If you’re not staying overnight in Cape Tribulation, our central pick up point is PK’s Jungle Village reception.