By Destination Daintree
Cassowaries are potentially dangerous. Avoid unnecessary risks and help protect cassowaries by following theseguidelines in cassowary territory.
- Never approach cassowaries.
- Never approach chicks - male cassowaries will defend them.
- Never feed cassowaries - it is illegal, dangerous and has caused cassowary deaths.
- Consider your safety and when stopping for cassowaries. Don't block the road if visibility is poor,
- pull over if possible, and stay in your car.
- Always slow down when driving in cassowary territory.
- Always discard food scraps in closed bins.